PARABLE OF THE SOWER – Kelly Bilotta
THE CONDITION OF MY HEART – WHAT IS IT
Kelly Bilotta – ‘Preach’ Teach on Nov 14, 2020
Matthew 5:8 KJVS
Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
NEED TO SEE GOD RIGHT NOW – the Kingdom of God is RIGHT NOW
HOW TO REACH THE END GOAL – How am I cultivating my HEART / It’s like a garden.
Mark 4:13 KJVS
And he said unto them, Know ye not this parable? and how then will ye know all parables?
PARABLE OF THE SOWER
Mark 4:1-9 KJVS
 And he began again to teach by the sea side: and there was gathered unto him a great multitude, so that he entered into a ship, and sat in the sea; and the whole multitude was by the sea on the land.  And he taught them many things by parables, and said unto them in his doctrine,  Hearken; Behold, there went out a sower to sow:  And it came to pass, as he sowed, some fell by the way side, and the fowls of the air came and devoured it up.  And some fell on stony ground, where it had not much earth; and immediately it sprang up, because it had no depth of earth:  But when the sun was up, it was scorched; and because it had no root, it withered away.  And some fell among thorns, and the thorns grew up, and choked it, and it yielded no fruit.  And other fell on good ground, and did yield fruit that sprang up and increased; and brought forth, some thirty, and some sixty, and some an hundred.  And he said unto them, He that hath ears to hear, let him hear.
FOUR HEART CONDITIONS – TO LOOK AT HOW AM I CULTIVATING MY GARDEN
- SEED FALLS BY THE WAYSIDE
- SEED FALLS ON STONEY GROUND
- SEED CHOKED BY THORNS
- SEED FALLS IN GOOD SOIL
Looking at each with some questions that ask about the condition of your garden and how you are receiving God’s seed:
SEED FALLS BY THE WAYSIDE AND THE BIRDS EAT THE SEED
- do i have a false identity and I can’t receive the seed?
- has the enemy stolen the seed of my identity?
SEED FALLS ON STONEY GROUND
- have I suffered trauma that has not been processed? Can’t handle it yet / listening and relationship
- do I have unbelief from that trauma?
- Are parts of my heart hardened from that trauma and the word can’t take root?
- do I receive the word in my soul, but not deep down in my heart?
SEED CHOKED BY THORNS
- is the worry of the world choking out the word?
- is my heart centred around the world and myself? OR
- is my heart centred around God?
- God is immovable in Hebrew thinking, God is the centre if everything – do you think this way?
SEED FALLS IN GOOD SOIL
- is your soil good cultivated soil and prepared and eager to take care of the seeds that come so you can receive God’s word?
- are you watering the seeds through the Holy Spirit?
- are you giving them sun light and the light from a relationship with the Son Jesus Christ?
- have you engaged with the exchange at the cross – exchanging pain for comfort?
These notes taken from the teaching of Kelly Bilotta, published here with permission.